- morning routine (shower + hair + makeup + getting dressed)
- my commute (only 15-20 minutes)
- commute home
- the time I'm stirring, baking or tossing together dinner
(only sometimes, let's be real. other evenings I'm running to water plants, gather garbage, and catching up with Josh)
- an evening walk
- the time I'm getting ready for bed
When I review the periods of my day I'm 'between' projects and am not engaged—and don't want to be, right?!—the times listed above come to mind.
Where are yours pockets of time? When do you find yourself needing a 20 minute breather? Do you realize you have too few slots you can completely disengage?
Recently I've been intentionally filling these gap with life-giving things that still allow my mind to rest from the rest of the world and have felt a considerable shift in my determination, positivity and passion. Let me share my favorite 5 things to give life to the gaps in your life!
- Podcasts for personal & professional development
- favorites include Glambition radio by Ali Brown, Entrepreneur on Fire, The Chalene show
- Scopes (find me on Periscope @BridgetBlack)
- prayerful + uplifting: Michelle Myers & Jess Connolly
- professional development: Amanda Tress, Chalene Johnson
- its as simple and as big as talking (and listening) to God
- try picking one topic (your husband, your heart or your willingness to follow His lead) and focus on prayerfully listening, considering, praising in that one area.
- Loving on a God that loves you more than anything fills you up and slows you down in all the right places.